Munnar-homestay.com providing detailed travel tips of Munnar,Kerala. Informations includes Best Time to Visit,Location,Altitude,Area,Main Towns,Climate,Annual Rainfall,Main Crops,Clothing,Language,What To Shop for etc.
- Cochin International airport (IATA: COK, ICAO: VOCI), also known as Nedumbassery Airport and CIAL is the nearest airport. It is 110 km away from Munnar by road.
- Madurai International Airport which is 140Km from Munnar by (National Highway 49).
- The nearest railway station is Aluva, 110 km. Ernakulam is 130 km and Madurai is 135km You can get the direct regular buses to Munnar First Bus starts at 6AM.
- From Kochi: Munnar is 130 km (3.5 hr) from Kochi.
The road is blind in some places and there are a lot of trucks and buses that seem to drive as if they own the road. Although the road is smooth (NH 49), it is narrow, twisty and curvy. Kothamangalam is on the way and is 80 km away from Munnar. Between Kothamangalam and next town “Adimali”, you can experience a beautiful cool drive through a natural forest. Alongside, you can see many refreshing waterfalls. Once you reach Adimali, Munnar is just 30 kilometers away – but it will take almost an hour to reach. This is the last place where you can spot a decent restaurant before Munnar. Around 22 km from Adimali, you can start seeing the tea plantations on both sides of the road and a panoramic view of the western ghats. The view is extremely beautiful during the early mornings.
- From Aluva: Aluva is nearly 110 km from Munnar.
Just outside Aluva railway station you can hire a taxi for Munnar for Rs 2000. There is a bus stand nearby as well which operates frequent buses to Munnar; ticket prices start from Rs 70 per person.
- From Madurai: Munnar is about 135 km from Madurai and 80 km from Theni.
Madurai- Theni – Bodi – BodiMettu-Devikulam – Munnar route is the most scenic route by National Highway 49(Via Madurai-Cochin HighWay).
- From Coimbatore: Munnar is about 160 km from Coimbatore and 120 km from Pollachi.
Coimbatore- Pollachi – Udumalpet – Chinnar – Marayoor -Munnar route is the most scenic route and though it will take bit longer, it is generally considered worth the extra time spent.
- From Kodaikanal: Kodaikanal is nearly 170 km from Munnar.
Kodaikanal – Perumal Malai – Mayiladum Parai – Mooliyaru – Oothu – Falls View – Ganguvarpetty – Ghat Road – Periya Kulam – Theni – Bodi – Bodimettu – Devikulam – Munnar. This route is also scenic.
1. Rapsy Restaurant: 6.30AM to 9.30 PM. This small and affordable restaurant is located at the Munnar main bazar. Kerala food items like Parotta, beef dishes, biriyani are available here.
2. Hotel Saravan Bhavan: 7.00Am to 9.30PM. This vegetarian restaurant has South Indian vegetarian food including dosa and meals.
3. Guru’s : near Government High school serves hot and tasty South Indian Snacks
Royal Retreat has a good restaurant
4. Edassery Eastend has a neat restaurant, even though expensive.
5. Krishna Fast Food has Pastries and Snacks